Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for
not-for-profit purposes provided:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are
- OATAO (Open Archive Toulouse Archive Ouverte) is mentioned
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes
without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Single copies of full items can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, given to third parties, and
stored in a database in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit
purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium
without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- OATAO (Open Archive Toulouse Archive Ouverte) holds all types of
- Papers may include:
- unpublished pre-prints (not peer-reviewed)
- final peer-reviewed drafts (post-prints)
- published versions
- Principal Languages: English; French
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff of the institution, or
their delegated agents.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications,
although they may delay making them publicly visible to comply with
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of
authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of OATAO (Open Archive Toulouse
Archive Ouverte), valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the
sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly
visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the
- If OATAO (Open Archive Toulouse Archive Ouverte) receives proof of
copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- OATAO (Open Archive Toulouse Archive Ouverte) will try to ensure
continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- OATAO (Open Archive Toulouse Archive Ouverte) regularly backs up its
files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder,
but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are not retained.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- The original URL will be linked to the latest version.
- In the event of OATAO (Open Archive Toulouse Archive Ouverte) being
closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate